Flight schedule Deauville - Valletta
- On thursday on 13 april 2017
- On thursday on 21 sep 2017
Flight Time Deauville-Valletta : 02h30
Time difference: No time difference
Things to see and do
Historical and unusual sites of the island
On the west coast of the island:
- Megalithic temples of Hagar Qim and Mnajdra, built between 2800 and 2500 BC
- Ghar Dalam Cave for its fossils of prehistoric animals
On the east coast of the island:
- The Hypogeum of Hal Saflieni, shrine and place of worship dug 4000 years BC. A cave temple carved at a depth of 11 m underground. It is classified as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- The early Christian catacombs in Rabat
The island's capital, the city is a real "museum" where military architecture built in the time of the Knights of the Order of Malta sits alongside Baroque buildings.
- The Palace of the Grand Masters
- Saint John's Cathedral
- The Museum of Fine Arts for its Italian Baroque works
This ancient Roman walled city was the first capital of the island: A "museum" city which is suspended in time. The walls of its ramparts, its tower of the Standard, its old houses and its churches vie with each other in earthy tones. Visit the Cathedral founded in the fourth century and rebuilt in Maltese baroque style.
Gozo & Comino
Check out the sister islands of Gozo and Comino. Gozo is known to provide an oasis of calm for a change of pace and scenery. The charm of the sister island of Malta is immediately apparent, it is greener, more rural and smaller, and the pace of life is dictated by the seasons, fishing and agriculture. Steeped in mythology, it is said that Gozo is the island of Calypso from Homer's Odyssey, a quiet, mystical backwater. Baroque churches and old stone farmhouses are scattered throughout the countryside. The rugged landscape of Gozo and its spectacular coastline attract explorers to some of the best dive sites in the Mediterranean. The island also has historic sites, forts and spectacular views; it is also home to one of the best preserved prehistoric sites in the archipelago, ń†gantija. Comino, a paradise for divers, surfers and hikers, lies between Malta and Gozo. The Blue Lagoon Island, with safe places to swim in the turquoise waters, is a perfect place for a day trip by boat. Car-free and carefree, Comino is a popular escape throughout the year