Flight schedule Deauville - Funchal
- On monday on 10 april 2017
- On thursday on 25 may 2017
- On thursday on 28 aug 2017
- On monday on 4 sep 2017
- On thursday on 28 sep 2017
For any further information or booking, please contact the tour operator :
TOP OF TRAVEL for the departures on thursday : 25/05 and 28/09
TRAVEL┬áEUROPE for the departures on monday : 10/04, 28/08 and 04/09
or your travel agency.
Flight Time Deauville-Funchal : 03h00
Time difference: -1 Hour (Portugal and Madeira)
Things to see and do
This volcanic island seems like paradise on earth with its lush vegetation due to a particularly mild climate. Its name comes from this main feature - 'madeira', actually meaning "forest". Also, the two-thirds of the island covered with forest are classified as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Listed below are some of the best places to visit to get to know this Portuguese island.
- The capital Funchal: Santa Catarina Park, Quinta da Vigia (Government House), Avenida Arriaga, the cellars of the Madeira Wine Company, the Pra├ža do Municipio, the C├ómara Municipal (Town Hall), the Sao Pedro church, the Santa Clara convent, Quita das Cruzes (probable residence of Zarco), the Mercado dos Lavradores (the market), the fishermen's district ...
- The south coast: the cities of Camacha, Monte, Calheta, the fishing port of Camara de Lobos, various fishing villages (Madalena do Mar, Paul do Mar), Ponta do Pargo, the western tip of Madeira ...
- The north coast: Porto Moniz (location of the most famous natural swimming pools on the island), Ribeira de Janela, Seixal, Cabanas ...
- The eastern tip: Machico (second city of Madeira), Cani├žal, Ponta de S├úo Louren├žo ...
- The mountains: Curral das Freiras, Pico Ruivo (the highest point on the island) and Pico de Arieiro Mountains, Balc├Áes viewpoint, Encumenda pass, the plateau of Paul da Serra ...
- Porto Santo: Villa Baleira harbour, beaches (extending over 8 km, the largest in Madeira)