Flight schedule Deauville - Bastia/Ajaccio
- On sunday on 21 may 2017
- On sunday on 10 sep 2017
or in a travel agency.
Flight Time Deauville-Bastia/Ajaccio : 01h30
Capital : Paris
Language : French
Currency : Euro
Time difference : No time difference
Things to see and do
Corsica promises many suprises ! Exceptional nature, steep cliffs and sandy beaches, the "Island of Beauty" will seduce you !
Greeks called Corsica "Kallist√©", "very beautiful" and we understand why. We pick sometimes far what is at hand¬†: land of contrasts with¬†various landscapes, each more beautiful than the other ! Mountains, peaks, gulfs, bays, creeks, canyons, forests, scrub, glacial lakes, plateaus, cliffs, marine reserves (Straits of Bonifacio, Scandola) and even a "desert" (the Agriates)...
You will discover...
- The crystal clear sea and beautiful beaches of golden sand at the bottom of the creeks on the western and southern coasts or at the bottom of large bays, ponds and lagoons on the East coast
- The diversity of its rocks intensifies the variety of landscapes : schist on the North, pink granite in the center and white granite and limestone in the South
- The Cap Corse "The finger of Corsica" for its wild and barren landcapes, the color of the deep blue stone, its towers Genoese old lookout posts from where the alert was given in case of invasion
- Its coastal villages of hung to the mountainside that pr√©sents the typical Mediterranean aspect with its narrow Streets and old houses
- The maquis, thanks to its flora and fauna in a wild area
Capital of South Corsica, Ajaccio is since always the city where be seen and drink coffee in terrace are an art. You will be charmed by this city by the sea that offers unmissable attractions as the Place des Palmiers or the fishing port where it is possible to find small cafes, on the Quai Napoleon. During you visit of Ajaccio, do not miss the visit of the House of Bonaparte, to discover the main temple of Napoleonic cult.
Economic capital of Corsica, Bastia has enough to compete with Ajaccio. The city knows how retain travelers, both by its beauty and its History. Formerly the seat of the Genoese, now Terra Nova, the Citadel is the main tourist attraction of the region, offering magnificent views on the Old Port.
Also called "garden of Corsica", it is a fertile region where fruits and vegetables grow and famed by its villages, its resorts, Calvi and Ile Rousse, and its spectacular mountain scenery up to 2000 metres.
The road from Calvi to Porto
Very curvy, this road offers breathtaking landscapes : coves, steep cliffs, wild beaches...
Village ranked among the most beautiful in France and its¬†rocky inlets : rocks and needles with phantasmagorical shapes (dog's head, bishop, heart...) in pink granite color that make its singularity. A must-see under the sun!
900 hectares forest in which stand porphyry needles where erosion has drawn singular forms in the hikers haunt
This city overlooking the sea from acliff offers a breathtaking view!
The authentic charm
Corsica¬†keeps a real authenticity. Moreover, the island is characterized by its tiny villages hung to the moutain, its local products and traditional polyphonic songs. And, given the proximity of the coast and the mountains, it is possible to switch from one to another. Then, activities to do in Corsica are very various : relaxation,¬†water sports,¬†hiking, ...